Biological Oil Stain Remover – Concrete, Blockwork & Hard Surfaces
OT8 is a powerful, environmentally friendly, non-toxic biological oil cleaner & degreaser that removes stains caused by hydrocarbon liquids including oil, diesel & power steering fluid. Suitable for use wherever oil pollution is a problem and ideal for use in:
- Oil Storage Areas
Effective & powerful
- One of the most effective products on the market and used by many companies and satisfied customers for over twenty years: 100% product satisfaction guaranteed.
Quick and easy
- Ready to use formula with no mixing or preparation needed – just shake, pour on, brush in, leave for 20 minutes then rinse with water. It’s that simple!
- Naturally digests oil contamination into harmless CO2 and water, and breaks down in the environment – leaving no soil residue and with no hazard to grass and plants.
- Non-toxic, VOC free and with no potential for bioaccumulation – readily biodegradable with a >56% BOD/COD ratio after 20 days.
Safe to use
Low hazard profile and non-flammable: our new OT8 formulation has minimal CLP labelling, is safe for the user and the environment!
WHERE TO USE
Rapidly removes and digests oil stains from surfaces such as:
- Block work
- Paving stones
- Garage floors
- Driveways and equipment.
OT8 is not suitable for use on hydraulic fluid, synthetic oils and wood oils.
HOW TO USE
OT8 is simple to use and lifts oil stains from most porous surfaces.
- Shake container before use
- Water wet the oil stain before applying OT8.
- Brush into the stain using a soft brush until OT8 changes colour from off-white to brown.
- Leave for 20 minutes and water rinse.
- Approximately 1 Litre of OT8 treats 1m2
OT8 is a biological solution that uses harmless bacteria to remove oil stains from porous surfaces.
For best results or for when using on larger stains, cover the treated area with polythene sheeting − ideally making a tent − and keep in place for up to a week. Ensure the area remains damp, but not flooded. Doing this provides a warm and damp environment, giving the bacteria used in OT8 the best conditions to grow and digest the oil into carbon dioxide and water.
On old, weathered and ingrained oil stains, the oil stain may “re-appear”. This is because the bacteria in OT8 keep working after application to bring the ingrained oil stain to the surface. Some types of concrete are more easily treated than others and for optimum stain removal it may be necessary for OT8 to be applied more than once, over an extended period of time.
OT8 is not suitable for oil stains on Tarmac − please use Bio TA.
HOW DOES OT8 WORK?
Our biological oil stain removing products, including OT8, contain specially selected bacteria which naturally digest oil stains.
While the food source − i.e. the oil stain − is present, the bacteria keep on working and continue to do so until it’s all gone!
For the biological cleaning of oil stains to be effective, our bacteria require:
- A food source to digest, i.e. the oil stain
- Warm conditions
- Moist conditions
When these conditions are in place, the bacteria selected for use in our products will digest oil stains – from light oils to heavy crude.
The bacteria used in our products are Euro Type 1, classified as “safe for long term laboratory application and safe for long term general public exposure”.
Please note: speed of oil digestion is temperature dependent.
||2.0 x 10⁷ cfu/ml|