Fast acting and quick drying, alcohol free Endurocide Hand Sanitiser is designed for everyday use – anytime, anywhere!
- Proven to kill up to 99.9999% of the most common germs that may cause harm
- Kind to skin – water-based, dermatologically tested & designed for repeated use all day, every day – free from alcohol!
- Long lasting – proven to remain effective against bacteria for up to 4 hours
Endurocide Hand Sanitiser is one of a new generation of water-based and alcohol free skin hygiene products.
- 50ml – offers up to approx. 120 pumps per bottle.
Effective against bacteria, fungi & enveloped viruses – tested to International Standards
Skin safe – dermatologically tested using 96 hour skin patch test
Fast acting – starts working in seconds, lasts for hours
- Alcohol free – no odour, fragrance of stick residue
- Available on the NHS Supply Chain in England & Wales
- Made in Scotland
Endurocide Hand Sanitiser has been tested in accordance with the following European Standards:
- Enveloped viruses to EN 14476 (limited spectrum virucidal activity)
- Bacteria to EN 1276 and EN 14561
- Fungi to EN 1650 and EN 1275
- Spores to EN 13704
- Dermatologically tested – passed 96 hour skin patch test
- 30 second kill rates – shown to be effective against enveloped viruses & bacteria in 30 seconds
- 2 hour residuality tested – shown to provide up to 99.9% kill rates against bacteria, fungi and spores 2 hours after application on a surface
- 4 hour residuality tested – shown to provide >99% kill rates against bacteria 4 hours after application on a surface
The importance of selecting the right Hand Sanitiser
Alcohol vs alcohol-free hand sanitiser
It is well accepted that a key factor in effective Infection Control in medical settings is Hand Hygiene:
“Clean hands protect against infection”
World Health Organization
“Regular and effective hand hygiene is the single-most important thing
Royal College of Nursing
In the hospital and healthcare environment, alcohol-based hand sanitisers have long been adopted as a trusted and effective methods for maintaining hand hygiene. However, repetitive use of alcohol-based hand sanitising products can dry the skin and cause irritation in healthcare professionals. In some cases, continual use can cause significant irritation to the point where skin becomes inflamed and broken. This damage is not only painful for users but broken skin can become a vehicle for pathogenic transmission in hospitals.
Is alcohol-based hand sanitiser the only solution?
Alcohol & soaps are no longer the only ways to clean hands, there is the option of Alcohol-free Hand Sanitisers, such as Endurocide Hand Sanitiser and Endurocide Surface Sanitiser.
User feedback on alcohol-free hand sanitiser
Nurse Lorraine G, who is based in a hospital in New Zealand, had been on a mission to find a hand sanitising product that did not cause her dermatitis or palmar psoriasis to flare up. She was delighted to find that our Endurocide Hand Sanitiser, manufactured in Scotland by Bio Technics Limited, ticked all the boxes.
Lorraine commented, “I have definitely found Endurocide Hand Sanitiser not to cause my dermatitis or palmar psoriasis to flare up. I am totally blown away by the fantastic service and my hands are over the moon”.
Other users of the product also report back how it dries quickly and doesn’t leave a sticky residue, something that is really important if you have to apply the product multiple times a day.
Is alcohol-free hand sanitiser effective?
Endurocide Hand Sanitiser kills spores, bacteria, fungi and enveloped viruses with 60 second kill rates against bacteria and fungi and is proven to be residually active against bacteria for up to 4 hours after application. It has been extensively tested to International Standards including EN 1276, EN 14561, EN 1650, EN 13704 and screen tested to EN 14476: see details of the International Standards testing.
Costs of alcohol vs. alcohol-free hand sanitisers
When making a cost comparison, volume for volume alcohol-based products initially appear cheaper, but there are some considerations that need to be factored into any cost comparisons:
- Endurocide Hand Sanitiser is a foaming product you get 120+ applications from only 50ml. In comparison, from an alcohol-based gel, you’ll only get around 15 – 30 applications from the same volume (assuming you use between 1.75ml and 3ml for each application).
- It is important to consider the whole-life costs, including the user’s skin type and whether they are likely to have adverse skin reactions to the product etc. All of this has hidden cost implications that can result from loss of user time, or increased risk of pathogenic transmission from dermatitis or decreased use of product due to irritation etc.
We believe the key to good hand hygiene is providing products that are not only effective but suitable for use across a wide range of skin types – providing customers with a variety of choice.
Try out our alcohol-free Endurocide Hand Sanitiser
We regularly conduct trials of our products within the healthcare industry and food processing sectors. If you would like to be involved in testing any of our products, then we would be delighted to hear from you.